The Learning Center
The Learning Center at Sage Explorers helps students in kindergarten through high school in all academic areas. Whether you are looking for homework help, academic enrichment, test prep, or something in between, Sage Explorers has a tutor who specializes in that area! Our tutors will tailor a program to meet the needs of your child.
Pricing, Packages, and Policies:
30 Min. - $40.00
45 Min. - $60.00
1 Hour - $80.00
Cancellations after 8AM on the day of the scheduled session will be charged the full amount.
Tutoring sessions can be purchased as you go or in packages of 5 or 10 to save you 5% off of the total cost. Packages must be purchased either prior to the first session or at the time of the first session. They can not be purchased and applied to previous tutoring sessions.
Package A: 5 one hour sessions @ $380
Package B: 10 one hour sessions @ $760
Schedule a Session:
To schedule a tutoring session call the store to talk with a tutor or manager at 224-271-2135.
Meet the Tutors:
- 17 years of teaching experience in K-5th grades
- Maintains her Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements in Elementary Education (K-9) and Gifted Education (K-4)
- Master of Arts in Education (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education
- 22 years of experience tutoring elementary and middle school students in all academic areas
- 13 years teaching experience in 6th-8th grades (Language Arts)
- Maintains her Illinois Professional Educator License with endorsements in Elementary Education (K-9), Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Gifted Education
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with Middle School endorsement
- Currently teaches 8th grade Language Arts
Mary Pawl (Reading Specialist)
- 20+ years experience in education (K-12) including teaching 1st and 3rd grades, reading specialist (K-12), and creative drama education consultant
- Taught graduate school education courses in reading, reading comprehension, and motivation
- Master of Arts and Education with Reading Specialist endorsement
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology